We look to invest £25m to £100m in businesses across a number of sectors to deliver growth over the medium to longer term.
We focus on three main types of investment:
- Mature, cash generative businesses with GDP plus growth rates.
- Our hold period is likely to be 7-10 years and the investment structured accordingly.
- We seek to make our return through a combination of running yield and capital growth.
- Businesses need to be headquartered in the UK and are either market leaders or have the potential to become market leaders over the period of Caledonia’s investment.
- Businesses requiring fresh equity to either provide a level of shareholder liquidity or development capital.
- Businesses will have a TEV in excess of £50m and robust market positions.
- We require certain minority protections including a board seat and good corporate governance.
- Our investment horizon is open ended but we will look to agree mechanisms to allow for future liquidity events.
- Enterprises which require equity funding but have sufficient balance sheet strength to allow any equity requirement to be in the form of a structured equity investment.
- Preferred position in capital structure; paying yield; limited upside; defined exit horizons and arrangements.
|Deep Sea Electronics||Industrial||Majority|
|Cooke Optics||Specialist Manufacturing||Majority|
|Seven Investment Management||Financial Services||Majority|